bloody 12 aussie slang definitions
- Australian for that's certainly true
- that's certainly true
- exclamation/misc/phrase that's certainly true, fair dinkum, strewth
Bloodyvery (e.g. bloody hard yakka)
- loud, rudely behaved person, fool, (named after the bird of the same name which flies south in the winter - a bloody silly thing to do in the Southern Hemisphere)
- bloody-lutely- misc/phrase absolutely and beyond any doubt.
- adjective: Even though beautiful means the same thing in Oz as it does in the US, it also means delicious, as in: "Too bad you can't try these, cause these prawns are bloody beautiful!"
bloodyAn expletive; distasteful.
bloodyadjective:- the universal intensifying adjective. Perhaps from an old Irish catholic swear word, a corruption of "By our Lady".
- noun The Socialist version to unemployment and or welfare. "That no-hoper has been on the bloody dole all of his life!"
- adjective: This expression is used mainly with the younger generation and it means great or awesome. Someone had said that to me, when I made sweetened iced tea, and I thought she meant that it sucked. She said to me, "That iced tea was bloody filth!". Then I found out that "filth" actually meant the opposite of what I thought.
Hot content on Hoplaa.com